Last week Cargill showed off a new paint scheme for the Roush Fenway Racing No. 6 Ford Mustang to be piloted by Ricky Stenhouse Jr. And the company announced an expanded schedule of sponsored races going into grilling season, pushing the number of races to 15 from 12.
In the press statement announcing the move, Tammy Shaw, Cargill Beef vice president of sales and marketing explains: "Ricky's currently competing for first place and another NASCAR series title, and we're thrilled he'll be doing it in the Cargill Beef No. 6 Ford Mustang for nearly half the races this year. It's the time of year when we believe NASCAR fans will symbolically 'start their grills,' and just as Sunoco is the official fuel of NASCAR race cars, Cargill Beef is the official fuel of the Roush No. 6 Ford Mustang team."
The company says it is "marrying the power of stock car racing, the expertise and experience of Roush Fenway Racing, the allure and avalue fo the series defending champion driver with beef products that appeal to consumers and retail grocery channel distribution across the nation. Part of the role of this sponsorship will be to help debunk myths about lean finely textured beef, a product Cargill has been producing for some time. The company, along with the race car sponsorship, is launching two new websites for consumers who love beef - www.ilikebeefinmybeef.com and www.truthaboutbeef.com.
Here's a look at the remaining racing schedule for that Cargill Beef car for the 2012 Cargill season.
- May 11, 2012 – Darlington Raceway, Darlington, South Carolina
- May 20, 2012 – Iowa Speedway, Newton, Iowa
- June 2, 2012 – Dover International Speedway, Dover, Delaware
- June 29, 2012 – Kentucky Speedway, Sparta, Kentucky
- July 14, 2012 – New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Loudon, New Hampshire
- July 22, 2012 – Chicagoland Speedway, Chicago, Illinois
- July 28, 2012 – Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis, Indiana
- September 1, 2012 – Atlanta Motor Speedway, Atlanta, Georgia
- September 28, 2012 – Dover International Speedway, Dover, Delaware
- September 29, 2012 – Dover International Speedway, Dover, Delaware
- October 12, 2012 – Charlotte Motor Speedway, Charlotte, North Carolina
- October 20, 2012 – Kansas Speedway, Kansas City, Kansas